Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Rhetorical Analysis Proposal

My proposal for my rhetorical analysis will deal with the collapse of the traditional record industry. The effects of downloading music and its easy access online have had a negative effect on the traditional model of how the record industry functions.

I plan on developing my ideas through the evaluation of interviews with store owners, local bands, and current record sales statistics as primary sources. In addition, I will be able to utilize current articles and reviews as secondary sources.

This subject interests me because I’ve always had an interest and knowledge of music, and I’ve never looked at this subject within my own community. Major chains are always closing, but you never hear about the effects on our local “Mom and Pop” stores or the bands in this area. I hope to broaden my perspective and perhaps shed some light on an important issue stemming from these tough economic times.

No comments:

Post a Comment