Monday, April 27, 2009

Author's Note Unit 3 Portfolio

I initially chose the Barnett Shale as my topic because it seems to affect so many people in Fort Worth from the wealthiest all the way down to the poorest. Also, I know quite a few people who have had their share of dealings with the gas companies-- good and bad. For the most part, I have learned from my research that the Barnett Shale dealings can be deceiving and detrimental even though some people may be making a profit-- mostly those who profit in any business situation. That is why I chose Daniel Plainview as the focus for my humorous piece. The whole There Will Be Blood them seemed to parallel what has taken place between the gas companies and the average citizens. When I first selected the topic I thought it would be interesting, but I feared it could potentially become boring and pose problems when it came time to do the humorous piece; however, my fear were dispelled. Note: I emailed all of my portfolio except my humorous piece which I turned in a hard copy of.

No comments:

Post a Comment